Time to prep: 20 minutes’ max OR half of a schooner (low carb)
Ingredients: A few
Servings: Approximately 2
To cook: Oven does it all for you
Rating: Not bad at all
Beverage to accompany: One standard Schoobag (Beer)
Rope and Chopping board anyone? Construction themed food is what we do!
- 1 x Chicken Breast
- Plain Wholemeal Flour
- Mixture of Dried Herbs; Thyme/Oregano/Parsley/Rosemary/Onion/Garlic (whatever you want really)
- Salt and Pepper
- 2 Free Range Eggs
- Preheat the oven to 180℃ and line a baking tray with baking paper or foil. If using foil, lightly spray with a vegetable oil so the chicken won’t stick.
- In 3 separate bowls, place whisked eggs, flour and breadcrumbs
- Slice chicken into thick strips or whatever style you fancy
- Lightly shake dried onion, dried garlic, herbs, salt and pepper directly on to the chicken meat so they are coated evenly. Jen’s note; any flavour combo can be used. If you like a bit of heat, add in some chilli and paprika for colour OR Mustard powder and cumin for that southern flavour (we don’t know what cumin is but apparently it’s a real spice)
- Get each strip and place into the flour, then coat in egg, then cover in breadcrumbs. Try to coat evenly. Place crumbed strip onto the baking tray and continue until all of the chicken is coated.
- Place in preheated oven and cook until golden brown, turning once (approximately 30-35mins)
- Serve with your ‘go to’ salad or if you couldn’t be asked get some frozen steamed veg!
Nutritional information (based on the Australian Guide to Healthy Eating for an Adult):
- A great source of Lean Protein
- 1/2 serve of wholegrain grains and cereals
- When eaten with fresh salad or steamed veggies, it is also a good source of fibre
- Aim to ¾ cover your plate in salad or vegetables
Yeah we like taking pictures of our meals on the grass…don’t you?
Righteo Tradies the first cab off the rank is a Turkey Mince burger with a side of potatoes we named ‘The Jive-Turkey-Burger’! For those of you who don’t know what a turkey is;
- You are a Turkey; and
- It’s like the older healthier brother of a chicken.
This recipe is a quick and easy meal to prepare and would impress even the most sophisticated of Tradies.
Time to prep: 15 mins max OR quarter of a schooner (low carb of course)
Ingredients: Not many
Servings: Approximately 5 (left overs for days)
To cook: Bugger all
Beverage to accompany: Low carb froff
- 500g give or take of Turkey mince
- Garlic (pre-diced garlic in tube for speed)
- Fresh parsley
- Salt and Pepper
- Red Onion (double onion #nobiggy)
- Pre-sliced cheese
- Wholemeal or wholegrain buns (I can hear all of you winging now but just do it…tastes the same)
- Slice and dice onion and parsley
- Crack an egg in a bowl with the onion and parsley and chuck the Turkey Mince in with some garlic and mix through with your hands
- Once mixed combine into 5 even balls
- Once combined chuck on the Barbie, flatten and cook to your liking
- Chop the salad up whichever way you like
- Combine cooked pattie, chopped salad and slice of cheese onto wholemeal bun and you are good to go!
Side Dish (If you’re feeling dangerous)
- Fresh Rosemary
- Salt and Pepper
- Peel potatoes and boil until cooked
- Drain water and slew some fresh rosemary in with some salt and pepper
- Put some olive oil on the Barbie and cook potatoes until golden brown
Nutritional information (based on the Australian Guide to Healthy Eating for an Adult)
- A great source of lean protein
- Good source of fibre
- One serve of wholegrain grains and cereals.
- One serve of dairy
- One serve of vegetables