Righto understand our blog’s have been sporadic at best however being Fit Tradie’s we are as busy as a blow fly at a BBQ and have heaps of shit to do. In saying that we love you guys and want you to know that if we were to go to a fancy dress as Batman and Robbin, we would definitely let you guys go as Batman… that’s how much you mean to us!
Chris before and after he started to follow the Fit Tradie Blog
If you haven’t realised by now, Daniel Riccardo’s quote “Sometime you just have to lick the stamp and send it” has nothing to do with what you’re about to read… for that we do not apologise because your taste buds are about to go from 0 to 100 real quick and Daniel Riccardo is a deadset word smith which we wanted to acknowledge.
To get the ball rolling once again, Sash has decided to share one of his family recipes which he’s amended slightly for all you Fit Tradie mofos out there. Before you continue reading however please refer to the following link on how to lick an envelope… i realise it’s not a stamp but this bloke is as serious as a heart attack when it comes to licking envelopes (Herbert Midgley – Licking an Envelope) – see image below!
Name: Sash’s Spinach Pie Sensation
Time to prep: 10 mins prep if you’re having a crack
Ingredients: Up to you
To cook: Oven does the work for you so about one low carb ‘Pigs Ear’ (beer) – 25 mins
Rating: Right up there with the best of em!
Beverage to accompany: Low Carb Froffy
- A bloody good attitude
- 25% reduced fat puff pastry sheet (Pampas or equivalent)
- 500g premium mince
- 500g organic diced tomatoes
- Bag of large spinach leaves (prewashed)
- Bag of grated light cheese
- Free range eggs (2 of)
- Turn the oven onto 180 bad boys;
- While the oven is heating up chop up onions and garlic, put into a preheated pan and simmer;
- Put premium mince into same pan until cooked;
- Once cooked chuck in grated carrots and zucchini and stir through
- Add salt and pepper (500g organic diced tomatoes if you feel the need for additional fruit);
- Whilst doing the above wilt the big bag of spinach… the whole thing! If you want forearms like the big man (pop eye) you don’t want to skimp on that shit!
- Get a baking tray out and layout 4 puff pastry sheets (2 each side slightly overlapped);
- Put down a layer of light cheese on both pies;
- Following the cheese evenly spread the mince masterpiece on top of the cheese as shown;
- Once the mince masterpiece in laid then evenly spread the wilted spinach on top followed by another layer of grated cheese;
- Once complete wrap that shit up into a homemade pie;
- So you don’t burn the bastard, mix up 2 free range eggs with some milk and paint it onto the entire surface of your homemade pies;
- When done put the tray in the oven and cook to a golden brown;
- Lastly, Pull it out and chow down!
- Have fun whilst doing it… if you’re not smiling please tell your face to do so!
- 180 degrees is hot AF so don’t eat it straight out of the oven unless you want to burn the roof of your mouth…let it cool down!
- Save some for work the next day and make sure you heat it up next to your mate who forgot his/her lunch and let him/her know how good it is!
- Serve with a heap of froffs… just kidding serve with one low carb beer!
I’ll have to get back to you on this one however she’s top notch!
That’s it ladies and gents. If you would like to know more or just want to write through a comment on how filthy you are you just wasted 10 minutes reading the above please write through some comments…we would love to hear your feedback!
Until then Tradies…Keep it tight and Bright!
– Sash and Chris –
Quote of the week: ‘Sometimes you just have to lick the Stamp and Send it’ Daniel Riccardo.
Video of the week: How to lick an envelope with Herbert Midgley
Fit Tradie Challenge: Make the pie dammit!