Unfortunately we ran out of money designing the initial logo so this is it for now!
Righteo Fit Tradies it’s week 2 and just like Big Kev ‘We’re excited!’ As we said in the last blog, Fit Tradie is introducing The Fit Tradie Fist Pumping Fitness Slash Healthy Slash just have a crack Challenge of the week aka TFTFPFSHSJHACCOTW! It’s a working title ok, but for now let’s refer to it as the ‘Fit Tradie Challenge’. What this aims to do is to try something different for the week and get marginally healthier at the same time…. Whether it’s going for a walk, throwing a footy around, doing crunches to reach for that cold stubby on the table or for one week refraining from attempting the 3kg hotdog challenge at your local pub! We’ll be putting a few things out there…if you love it then let us know…if not, again we ask you to send the blog to someone you don’t like so you can waste their time too!
Before we get stuck in I hope everyone is feeling a tad healthier than Chris today… It was his 30th Birthday yesterday and rumour has it he had 14 pieces of cake – one of which Sash actually jumped out of in a poker dot bikini (I think we all just dry reached in our mouths at the thought of that). Chris did however make a very bogus claim stating that anything with a candle on it, is officially a birthday cake. No Chris, A big Mac with a candle in it is not a bloody birthday cake! In either case a big Happy 30th to Mr Weir, we look forward to using him in a few upcoming Fit Tradie Challenges, to work off all that ‘Ned Kelly’ (Belly) of his!
Ok, the ‘Fit Tradie Challenge’. As mentioned above Fit Tradie is introducing the weekly ‘Fit Tradie challenge’ whereby Tradies will trial or change one thing about their usual routine for the week in the hope of assisting their health and wellbeing. Due to popular demand, but to both Sash and Chris’s surprise, the fans seem to be enjoying the educational, healthy recipes, instead of the “Chris and Sash Banter Blogs” … Funny that, guys! So this week, our resident Nutritionist/Dietitian/Super Cook has come up with another absolute CRACKER of a recipe that we want you to try as part of the first ‘Fit Tradie Challenge’! We have named it the Fit Tradie Crispy-but-Still-Healthy-Chicken-Stripolatas (we thought Stripolatas sounded way more fancy than Strips). See below for details as well as the 7 steps to greatness!
Time to prep: 20 minutes’ max OR half of a schooner (low carb)
Ingredients: A few
Servings: Approximately 2
To cook: Oven does it all for you
Rating: Not bad at all
Beverage to accompany: Low carb beer
Rope and Chopping board anyone? Construction themed food is what we do!
- 1 x Chicken Breast
- Plain Wholemeal Flour
- Mixture of Dried Herbs; Thyme/Oregano/Parsley/Rosemary/Onion/Garlic (whatever you want really)
- Salt and Pepper
- 2 Free Range Eggs
- Preheat the oven to 180℃ and line a baking tray with baking paper or foil. If using foil, lightly spray with a vegetable oil so the chicken won’t stick.
- In 3 separate bowls, place whisked eggs, flour and breadcrumbs
- Slice chicken into thick strips or whatever style you fancy
- Lightly shake dried onion, dried garlic, herbs, salt and pepper directly on to the chicken meat so they are coated evenly. Jenn’s note; any flavour combo can be used. If you like a bit of heat, add in some chilli and paprika for colour OR Mustard powder and cumin for that southern flavour (we don’t know what cumin is but apparently it’s a real spice)
- Get each strip and place into the flour, then coat in egg, then cover in breadcrumbs. Try to coat evenly. Place crumbed strip onto the baking tray and continue until all of the chicken is coated.
- Place in preheated oven and cook until golden brown, turning once (approximately 30-35mins)
- Serve with your ‘go to’ salad or if you couldn’t be asked get some frozen steamed veg!
Nutritional information (based on the Australian Guide to Healthy Eating for an Adult):
- A great source of Lean Protein
- 1/2 serve of wholegrain grains and cereals
- When eaten with fresh salad or steamed veggies, it is also a good source of fibre
- Aim to ¾ cover your plate in salad or vegetables
That’s what we call the Fit Tradie ‘7 steps of greatness’ right there and our very first ‘Fit Tradie Challenge’. As discussed in the last blog Chris and Sash like to have a crack at their own recipes and this week is no different! Note to selves: there are two buttons on the oven – one for temperature and one to actually turn it on! Idiots!
Help’s if you turn the oven on!
It is a pleasure as always Fit Tradie Family, we hope you enjoyed another blog that had minimal banter by the lads and has some actual informative material! Until next time team, get that apron on, crack yourself a cold bottle of water (or extra-low carb beer), turn your oven on (so you don’t get food poisoning like we did) and get cooking!
Next Week’s Blog: We want to keep this as a surprise…in other words we are still thinking of something… stay tuned Tradies!
Until then Tradies…Keep it tight and Bright!
– Sash and Chris –
Quote of the week: ‘A big Mac with a candle in it, is not a cake’
Video of the week: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5H3sy2-fUpY (Just Because it’s hilarious)
Recipe of the week: Crispy-but-still-healthy-Chicken-Stripolatas (click here)
Fit Tradie Challenge: Try our recipe of the week prior to our next blog! It’s a deadest CRACKER!
In addition to this we want you to try cut out energy drinks for the majority of the week (if you can try the whole week). This will reduce your sugar intake by 300 tonnes and hopefully leave you feeling better off beside the anger and withdrawals *300 tonnes is only an estimate by two porkchops, please refer to an expert for actual sugar content based off your diet.